Thursday, December 16, 2010

Two Zero



I turned the big twenty over here on the islands last week.  It was a fun eventful day.  I woke up to a surprise birthday breakfast.  Shell made some chocolate chip pancakes and then we cut them out in cookie cutters.  They had Kiyomi come in and sing Happy Birthday to me in Japanese to distract me, (she sang it in English, but just didn’t pronounce the “r” and “th” sounds).  Kau’I found a nice dried lei to drape over me.  Shell was nice enough to let me eat her chocolate for the day from her advent calendar and then Kiyomi let me eat hers too.  We had a little dance party of Christmas songs while we ate and then I headed to volleyball.  Someone knew it was my birthday so they all struck up a chorus and gave me “high tens”!  That is an inside joke in my class because whenever anyone does something good our teacher says, “run to them and give em’ a high ten!”  That has yet to happen to me though except for on my bday J.  Kayli took me to lunch at the Seasider and then I spent the afternoon getting ready for a presentation I had the next day. 

That night we went to Haliwa Eats, the Thai place and I got yummy yellow curry noodles and a fried banana sundae for dessert… yummy.

All day it had been raining pretty bad and we even had a flash flood warning.  When we got back from eating though the storm got out of control.  I ran over to FoodLand with Fay and Kau’I and the power kept cutting out while we were in there and then when we walked out it was raining like I have never seen before.  Like a million cats and dogs were falling from the sky.  It was so hard and the power was out and then it was lightening and the gutters were starting to flood.  I have never heard thunder like that before and the lightening was SO bright.  Our house didn’t have power for ten hours!  So we sat around with candle light talking about us surviving the night.  Luckily we did and our house didn’t flood.  They did have some flooding up on campus though and had the sand bags out and ready.  There were giant puddles the next morning, but we couldn’t play in them or else we would get staph infection.  Yuck.

Us wondering if we were going to survive the night
Friday was a super fun night.  We had a dance that I went crazy out and really shook it up J  Then we may have gone skinny dipping after…maybe.  It was an adventure.  Oh and Kayli and Ali said that my word/life is an adventure, cause I always say that.


Saturday we were supposed to have a RS breakfast at our house.  Kau’I went and got all these ingredients, but then I went and returned like sixty dollars of them.  I headed out to North Shore.  Hit up the tanning at Sunset, looked at the huge waves, walked around Haliwa, then looked at the surf comp. 

After playing in the sun I headed to the library and tried to be productive.  Shell was making me stay with her until 9pm so I did.  Then she said I had to go with her to FoodLand so I did that too.  Oddly enough we ran into Beth and Kau’I, so we all walked home together.  Then I walked in our house and there was a SURPRISE!  It was Kau’I bday on Sunday so our roommates had a combined party for us.  It was fun and they were super nice for throwing it for us.





Fay baked a million cakes in a three day period.  It was my bday then I passed the birthday torch to Tyler on the 10th, then it was Kau'i's






No comments:

Post a Comment