(I'm going to talk in first person now) Okay so long story short because I could drag this out for a really really long time. I made a ton of phone calls to people did a mission impossible reenactment when I had to sneak into a girls house, get her keys to our closet, jump through the church fence, get hit by the sprinklers, make it to the Aloha Center on my bike before they locked the doors, then bike around again with two garbage bags full of paper products and plastic utensils! Biked all across Laie pretty much. Anyway turkey day comes we have like two different times people think we are eating, I end up sending a mass text to our ward letting them know we are eating in twenty min, I go to where we are eating no sign of our bishopric members. Luckily the senior mission couple in our ward saved the day. Then we had all these prizes we needed to give away so I just stood on top of the table and shouted out trivia on the spot. When it was all over we had lots of food left and stuff we needed to transport, but the bishopric had already evaporated. So I pack up my bike again with thirty ward tshirts, left over paper products, and food. We got people fed and that's all that matters.
Later that day we had Thanksgiving dinner round two at Gid's home home, like his parents house. They live like 30 min away. It was delicious! They did really good ham and pork in the imu and rice pudding in there too. Then they had string bean casserole, which is my favorite, fruit salad, and marshmallow yams, AND warm rolls! Felt like home! Then I was playing with his nieces and nephews looking at the Where's Waldo, LDS church style and I felt like I was at my grandmas so even better!
After that we me, Kay, Gid, Ski, and another girl from Utah went on a hike (night time) to Maunawili(something like that). We were all tired though so that was lame of us to go. But it was fun even though we got lost, muddy, and me and Kayli ended up just peeing on the side of the trail. We stopped at Jack in the Box on the way home... love it there! First time eating there and so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment