Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last Days in Hawaii

Well I don't live in Hawaii anymore, but I needed to jot down what I did the last little bit there.  My last Sunday was pretty sad.  In Sacrament they had all the people who were leaving go up to the front and the congregation sang Aloha Oe.  I kinda felt dumb being up there since I had only been there for a semester.  But me and Fay caught each other's eye and she started crying and I started crying then we couldn't look at each other anymore.  It was sad.  When it was over everyone came up to us and gave us hugs.  It was really sweet.

On Monday I cooked a ham for our ward Christmas party.  It smelled so good and the bishop had to come pick it up since I couldn't really walk it up to campus.  I said goodbye to a lot of people that night too.

This is Sean.  I loved Sean.  Great, really really nice boy.
Wednesday I went to the night show one last time.  It was my fourth time going :)

This is Siti
Thursday after my volleyball final(which was a joke and I ended up getting a B in the class. Lame), I went and met some girls at North Shore.  I wanted to get there to see the finals of the surf competition, but I didn't make it.  We went and ate at Ted's, had one more bite of that delicious pie then headed to Sunset to soak up the sun one last time.  There was a homeless guy singing the whole time there, funny.  Also a guy who was paralyzed went out surfing and Kayli was big into collecting stuff from the sand, but I wasn't patient enough and only got a handful of shell/rocks.

Shell left that night, but before she took off we made Christmas cards and watched the Grinch, made a music video to Jingle bell rock, and rode our bikes around Laie looking at Christmas lights.

That night I went and played tennis with Siti and Funaki.  (Fay was nice enough to come with me...I kinda made here.) Some of the nicest boys I met all semester.  I really miss them. (Funaki even called me on Christmas).  Funaki is one of the humblest people I have met.  He was nice to teach me tennis and we wished we would have done it the whole semester.  He told me that his dad always tells him this "no matter your education, you will never be smarter than me."  Then I asked him if he gets annoyed with just always having to teach people how to play and never really getting to play, he said that someone taught him and so he needs to teach people or else how would we learn?  Anyway we had a good chit chat and he inspired me to be better athletically.

This is Funaki
When I got home we went on an adventure gathering/stealing flowers from peoples trees so we could make leis for graduation.  We got a good grocery sack full.  I helped Theresa make some with tea leaves, but called it a night at 3am.

I left packing until the last day possible so I spent Friday morning doing that.  I went to breakfast though really fast with Kau'i and Beth, just to Mickey D's (which has complementary butter mints and a waterfall inside!).  That medical club which I was in had some money left over so we made one last effort to spend the money and go to Kahuku grill.  When I went to catch the bus, I made a detour and ran(I had to run cause the bus was coming any moment, but I took the risk) along the beach, the last time I saw it :( I got coconut shrimp-delicious.

To check out all I had to do was give Melita the keys, no cleaning or anything was required...weird, but worked for me!   

No comments:

Post a Comment