"Just suck it up!" is a very common phrase I repeated in my head as I entered my new living pad for the next three months. The kitchen for one. I consider myself a pretty clean, germ a phoebe, OCD kind of clean freak. I really enjoy cleanliness and sanitation. The kitchen here at the Hawaiian House, where you cook food remember, has considerable amount of mouse deposits in the pantry, ant bug things that crawl all over the counter (they are like fruit flies, but no wings), and the fridge...who knows. There is lots of dust, moldy, old looking areas that make me a wee nervous. And that's when I say, "just suck it up". So called paradise also involves cockroaches. And they fly! Who knew? Not me. Those things are nasty! Have you seen the antennas on those babies. Well "Papa Roch came out my first night while I was in the kitchen. We were all going pretty ballistic because this guy was a good 2 inches big, hence the name "Papa". After we chased it around with bug killer spray, it scurried off under the couch. After then I said "suck it up". Then my housemates told me it gets really exciting when a mouse runs out from under the couch. And then I said "suck it up" again.
Lets move on to my room now. Exhibit A: This is my fan that sits on a baby changing station, really rusted. Really. So is my bed frame, rusted that is. And I don't know why we have a baby changing station.
This is my bedroom. So there is three girls in this room. I'll be the only on here until tomorrow (which has been really nice not having to share :) ) Then there is another bedroom downstairs that will have two girls, upstairs then is two bedrooms with two in each for a total of 9 housemates. Each floor has a bathroom. Our room has a sink so that is nice.
These are my curtains. Part of a bed sheet with some holes punched in them, doesn't quite cover the whole window, but that's not the curtain's fault.
I used almost all my Clorox wipes to clean out my dresser. Really nasty dust, discoloration, and animal droppings in it. I also had to wipe down my hangers because nasty stuff had even made it's home on those too. I don't like my clothes touching the wall in the closet, but hopefully they will survive. There are cobwebs all around. Holes in the ceiling that I am not quite sure lives in them and some odd discoloration on the carpet. But hey "just suck it up!" I haven't dared put anything under our sink cupboard yet, I don't know what lives under there. In an attempted to sanitize my living quarters I decided to vacuum. In Hawaii though, you vacuum on your knees. We just have a little shock vac, but we have to use the really small extension.
Today one of my housemates was just sweeping the carpet with a broom. Maybe I'll try that next time to be more effective.
The bathroom is loverly too. I showered today and really was grossed out when I dropped my shower sponge on the shower floor. It is a bit rusty, moldy looking in there too. There was a lot of those crawling fruit fly bugs showering with me too. We had a good time singing "Rubber Ducky" together. But what is my phrase for living here? "Just suck it up!"
No comments:
Post a Comment