Monday, September 13, 2010

Happenings

Thursday night I went to our Volleyball game.  It was good and fun, we won all four games.  We didn't really have much of a fan crowd there, but what girls sports team ever gets a crowd?  Also everyone keeps asking me what sport I played in high school.  I feel like I am a bad person for not playing anything.  They all think I am a volleyball player and they also think I am a lot older than 19.  On my way to the volleyball game though there was these cute lil' island children strumming a ukulele in their car.  They were just singing now a day hits on the radio to their ukulele.  It sounded really, really cute.

None of these girls are my roommates, but they are all from Utah.

I went to the beach Thursday too but I also went on Saturday.  We went down the beach a bit more and the waves were ENORMOUS!  Like I feel like I have never been in an ocean with that big of waves.  If you didn't catch it in time to ride in, you had to dive into it or else you would have gotten swallowed up.  It was really fun.  I guess they are just going to get bigger and bigger so that will be fun to watch.

I went and helped at the PCC for a little bit too Saturday morning.  They are making a haunted lagoon there, which they started in 2008.  It is really good for them because they usually have to lay of people soon because the tourism dies down, but they figured out the locals really like to be scared!  So they are able to keep everyones job by doing the haunted lagoon.  It is the top five in the nation and should make it almost to number one this year just because how many people come to it.  Some people wait four to six hours to go on it.  Anyway I was back helping with all the props and there is some really creepy stuff!  The guy who is in charge of the whole spectacular is the counselor in my bishopric and he needs like 400 people to help pull it all of.  So I volunteered!  I may be floating in the lagoon as a dead witch!  Who knows!  The apostles are coming though so he said he had to tone everything down.  Ha!  Then while that is happening so will the Temple dedication.  They need people helping with that and I may be directing traffic :)!

My roommates finally moved in yesterday.  One is a returned missionary who served here and she is from Vegas (23), her name is Jessica.  The other is Angie and she is from Virginia.  She is 24 and almost done with school.  I feel bad they have to room with such a young girl, but I think we will be good together.  I have 2 roommates from New Zealand, one from Cali, one from Minnesota or Montana? I can't remember, and then two from Japan.  The Japanese girls aren't into cleaning as much, but everyone else is and everyone is all about having a "house meeting" and getting the mouse poo cleaned up and things.
I'm Lu ving the cafe.  It is just great.  The first dinner I ate there I didn't really take advantage of things and I just got this bowl of Chinese noodle stuff with stuff in it.  Oh but I also made a grilled cheese.  I don't think I'll make that again though.  It didn't really taste like cheese, it wasn't the Kraft Singles I was accustomed too...  But tonight I had the BBQ sandwiches, salad, two bowels of cereal (sugared cereal, which I was deprived of as a child), dessert etc etc.  I don't really know how to work a cafeteria and I keep asking questions about how things work and what is legal or not.  Also the first day I was there I walked out the emergency exit and it sounded.  Typical me.

We went to a talent show for the newbies Saturday night.  I felt like I was at an EFY talent show with all the freshmen and silly boys.  I feel kinda old here, but it may be just because I have been with freshmen for the majority of the time I have been here so far.  Anyway we had some snacks there and these hotdogs were the oddest shade of red.  A little bit sketchy, but we ate them anyway.  After that we went to the beach and played tag and sardines.
This is Kayli and she if from my stake in Highland.  The other kid is Kyle from Ohio=freshman.

No comments:

Post a Comment