Multiculturalism. The bomb. There is people from all over the planet here. When I was standing in line for one thing I was talking to some twins from Micronesia(I had to look that up when I got home to see where it was) and a kid from London. There is a girl from England in my ward. There is a really nice guy Brady, who works at the bookstore and he is from Australia. A cool girl Mary, her family is from the mountains of China. And of course every island is represented. I loved going to church today and having a boy in front of me wearing a grass skirt. So cool. I really like the mixture of people. We watched a fireside today that was broad casted from Provo and their choir was all white kids, that equals boring. Which saying you are from Utah isn't very exciting here to people :( Everyone is cooking their cool island foods too(especially Spam, they all love it). Right now I really don't know what language is being spoken in my living room. My Japanese roommates had to practice a dance in my room. They were in their Japanese dresses and had fans. They are all legitimately from their country.
(You should read this in an accent of your choosing) The thing that I love about it the most though is the accents. I love it so much that they are starting to where on me Last night as I was saying my prayer, I found myself saying them in a British accent. By golly, luckily mate I was saying them in my head so no one heard. Also we say rubbish here. Cheerio!
| My bed is really tall, so I pray standing up kinda ish. |
No comments:
Post a Comment