Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Hawaii Style

The Halloween activities started on Saturday morning with a surfing competition at Castles with people in costumes!  Great fun.  And added bonus: I was one of the judges.  People had some creative stuff going on though.  There were plenty of Ninja Turtles, then we had a boy with a treasure map painted on him, a girl wrapped in saran wrap, boy in a 10 year old Buzz Lightyear costume, snake charmer, etc.



We went to Kayli's after and discovered tanning on her roof, such easy access!

I headed to the Haunted Plantation with 12 people, which only 2 were boys?  Yeah, lame I know.  So this thing has gotten sold out all previous weekends and it just got moved up to 6th in the nation!  We got there right when it opened and it was already PACKED!  When we were walking up a police officer was turning people away and saying it was sold out, so my group was heading back.  But I didn't trust the police officer and sure enough we got a spot in line.  We had my two roommates with us, Kau'i and Theresa (islanders, key point) so this other islander who was on security started talking to them.  We did some under the table stuff with him and he got us tickets for it.  But we thought we gave him a twenty dollar bill and it turned out it was actually a fifty so long story short we were out thirty bucks.  Well don't worry because Nate decides he is going to go and get Snickers at Walmart then come sell them to everyone in line to make up the thirty we lost.  He came back like 30 min later with like 5 big boxes of Pop tarts! Ha!  He sold one and realized the girls would do better at it because people thought he was creeping up on them.  So Rachelle, who was wearing her ladybug costume, took the sales on by storm!  All the sudden she comes back with empty boxes and handfuls of money!  After she got the $25 bucks back Nate spent on Pop tarts, she made a profit of $13!  Wahoo!  They were all pretty proud of themselves.



We waited in line for a good 3 and 1/2 hours and finally got to the entrance.  You have to walk through single file, which is the worst.  Some girls were wigging out though so I was laughing at them for a while, but then our group got separated and I got stuck bringing up the rear.  Which was really scary because I would turn around and people were following me!  Yeeks!  Then of course the chainsaws came out.  I just bear hugged Rachelle from behind and just pushed her into them, like "take her not me!"  Some friend I am.  Fun stuff though.  Oh and Dave wore a pony costume there.

Sunday we had a little get together with some peeps.  We made carmel apples, yummy!  To ensure we had enough popsicle sticks, I had bought some ice cream fudge sickles a couple weeks earlier.  I figured everyone could just eat that before we did them, but throughout the weeks before Halloween I ended up just eating them all :)  Then we had pumpkin cookies, no bakes, other cookie things from PCC, needless to say I was sick when I went to bed that night. 



We watched The Sixth Sense, which I had never seen.  Of course I was jumping and screaming and everyone was making fun of me/probably annoyed.  I would rather go through the Haunted Plantation 20 times then watch a scary movie.


*Random thought, my roommate loves Saturday Warriors soundtrack.

Me counting down until I could register for classes at BYU Provo


No comments:

Post a Comment