Lil Facts:
*Last Friday night my gum went from a solid to a liquid. It was mouth wash. Not kidding here.
*My Wheat Thins, lost their crispy affect. As did my Raisin Bran Crunch. It has no crunch because I don‘t keep it in the fridge. But I keep my bananas in the fridge, which makes it kinda weird to eat a cold banana, but I just go with it.
*Flip Flops here are called “slippers”
*Everyone says “sweet as”
*Lots of boys kiss you on the cheek when you see them
Last Friday night I got a text from Kayli at 12:30am saying there we some people leaving to go swim with dolphins at 5am. I totally jumped on board and quickly convinced her that we couldn’t pass up this moment. I went to sleep in my swimming suit, slept for a few then woke up rise and shine at 4:30. We drove for a while to the other side of the island in what appeared to be a third world country. Hobos all over the street, just living off the land. Kinda sketchy, but we made it. (Ps, the island is so different. My side is like green and lushish, Honolulu side is like dry desert.)
On this drive though I find out the driver, Devin is a filmer and some company he is working for needed footage of the dolphins so that is why we were having this excursion. Some of the stuff is for the Flip camera too. They sent him a camera and need him to get footage of people having fun with it and then they are going to make a commercial out of it. Anywho I could be on a national commercial and if I am in it, I’ll get paid! Woop woop!
Okay so after we pass the hobos, Devin just tells us to stay on the look out for dolphins. Inside my head I’m like, “okay, that is not going to happen, you don’t just look out at the ocean and see dolphins.” But I was proved wrong and actually you do just look out and see dolphins in the ocean. We get the car parked, some people strap on flippers, others, like myself, jump on to a surf board. (Oh and I always tell people they have to be careful and watchful of me because I can’t swim, so they all know to be my lifeguard don’t worry). Anyway we just start swimming on out to where the fins are! I’m dying though like after ten strokes, because paddling with your arms is really hard work. But then this angel from heaven lady was on a kayak, came up beside me, said “Hey just grab on, I’ll take ya over!”, so I took advantage and just got a lift over to the dolphins!
![]() |
| I'm on the right with the goggles |
So there really were WILD dolphins swimming all over. And lots of them too. And they were jumping out of the water and doing tricks for us. And making sounds under water. And some people claim they saw two of them doing the deed, but I was fortunate to see that. Then of course one of those dolphin tours came around and dropped a lot of Asians in the water with us too. Love Asians. They’re everywhere. Oh and keep in mind that these people paid a good hundred bucks or more for this. We did it for free!
We just swim around, chasing dolphins for a while. Then we all decide we are pooped. We evaluated our energy level and decided we better swim in before we drown ;). There was this other boy Grant who was just using flippers so we grabbed on the back of my surf board and did the kicking while I paddled. That only worked for a few moments. I decided to paddle over to a rock jetty(?) and walk it in. It worked out a lot better then having to swim back to shore. Grant did the same thing too. As we were walking back we had to cross over a canal. So we climb over the fence to walk across the bridge and within one second of my foot touching the ground a police comes over to us and tells us that is illegal and we were on some military land of some sort or something. We tried to persuade him to let us let across, but he was just acting like the mean billy goats gruff. So believe it or not me and Grant had to swim over the rest of the way. Ugh. And I hit some sharp rock, coral stuff.
When we got out of the water some of our group that was back was talking to this guy missionary style. He knew a lot about the church and stuff and was a good guy. He encouraged us to be good kids. One of the boys invited him to come to the temple open house too.
**PS, I’m watching Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin right now. I know it is holiday season when Charlie Brown is on tv. They’re my favorite. I love them.




No comments:
Post a Comment