Sunday, October 24, 2010

Stairway to Freakin Heaven

Last Saturday morning I stayed up cleaning my room, doing laundry, and organizing things until 2:15am, which is when Nate came and picked me up to begin our hike to heaven!  We had to drive for a good half hour then we were walking through the jungle for a good while before we finally found "the stairs".  I would say it was close to 4:30am by this time and we made it to the top a little before 6am.  The hike is stairs like this the whole time.  At times though it is ladder like...
The very beginning of the hike was killer and I thought I would never make it, but then it got a lot easier for me.  Our group split up a bit as far as fast hikers and not so fast hikers.  I held back with a girl Jenni for a while and we had this group of I would say 40year old men who were so gross.  They were talking about the pizza they ate the night before and how they wanted to puke and they were swearing every other word.  Anywho they were ruining the moment for me so we kindly let them pass us.  Also after they past us we felt like the railing was getting so sweaty from their hands and that grossed me out too.  But then we realized it was the precipitation from the clouds :)! We literally went to the tip top of a mountain, which I had never done before and I was quite proud of myself for doing.  There isn't any switch backs or anything, you just go vertically up the dang thing.  Towards the top we were in the clouds, which was kinda cool.  It was still dark up top and really cloudy, but super cool still. 

When we started back down we saw awesome things like this:




I was like a little kid screaming and yelling at the top of my lungs "I love Hawaii!", the whole way down.  Seeing this sight and Christmas morning are neck and neck for my favorite thing that gets me excited.  I love my Heavenly Father for making such a beautiful world that has so many unique things to see.  He had a fun time making Hawaii though I think :).

No comments:

Post a Comment